Cockles are the cheaper cousins of oysters and clams. Although the later got the glamor, the former are a good option for tasty and easy to do dishes that mix well with pasta.
For two people:
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili
- salt & olive oil
- a glass of white wine
- 500 gr of cockles
- 200 gr of spaghetti
- Fill a frying pan with abundant olive oil.
- Add some garlic and chili and cook it slowly for a couple of minutes. Don’t let the garlic become toasted.
- Add a glass of white wine and the cockles. Cook for about 2 minutes, until all shells are opened.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta up to ‘al dente’. It may take between 3 minutes (fresh pasta) up to 10 minutes (the kind you buy in the supermarket).
- Mix the pasta to the cockles and add some parsley to your liking.